20 October 2009

quasadilla

Most of my creations come from watching someone else eat the gluten and lactose full versions of these foods and then craving them. I have mental list of all the foods I want to try gluten and lactose free. A few days ago it was a quasadilla. I got some corn tortillas (make sure they are completely gluten free cause some may have wheat flour mixed in) and some almond cheese (you can use whatever fake cheese you want as long as it melts). I layered the cheese with some turkey cold cuts for more protein between two corn tortillas and put it in a pan. I covered it with the lid of a cooking pot to create a higher heat so the cheese would melt. Flip in when necessary so the tortilla won't burn. When the cheese is melted, remove from the pan, cut it if you want (I used a pizza cutter which worked well) and then eat! It is quite tasty for breakfast, lunch or dinner (I often make it for a snack as well).

No comments:

Post a Comment