12 October 2009

Honey Banana Bread

I just made some more red velvet cake the regular way (with food coloring and all) for my boyfriend's birthday. I'll see how this one turns out compared to my version. I can't taste it so I'll have to trust his opinion.

I just got some new recipes from a really close friend of mine who's wife was also on a wheat-free diet so my next goal is to try some of those. I learned a lot from looking at her recipes so hopefully I can put those concepts to good use when baking my stuff. Today's task is Honey Banana Bread. I remember Kathy making this and loving it so much I could probably eat the whole loaf in one day.

Here is the recipe as she wrote it:

Dry Ingredients:
½ cup soy flour
½ cup oat flour
½ cup white rice flour
¼ cup potato starch flour
¼ cup rye flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt

Wet Ingredients:
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas (medium to large)
½ cup honey
¼ cup oil
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice

Optional:
½ to 1 cup of nuts mixed with 1Tbsp tapioca flour

Method:
Grease 9 by 4 loaf pan and set aside.
In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Set aside.
In a blender beat the 2 eggs, add the bananas and blend, add oil, honey, and lemon juice and blend.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix only enough to moisten everything.
If using nuts, mix nuts with tapioca flour and stir gently into mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 min. If top gets too brown cover with foil.
Remove from oven and let cool in pan for about 10 min.
Turn out into wire rack and cool completely. Wrap and store overnight. Banana bread is usually better the second day.

No comments:

Post a Comment