02 October 2009

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies

I really felt like baking cookies today but I couldn't find a recipe that I like and had all the ingredients for so I made one up. I've done this one time before and they turned out really well. The first batch is in the oven now and I can't wait to taste them. If the first batch is good then I'll bake the rest and if not I'll try to add some things to make it better. I just gathered a bunch of ingredients that I thought would go together along with ingredients I knew needed to be in cookies, put the dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in the other bowl then mixed them. I wrote down the recipe as a went. Their may be tweaks to it after I taste the first batch.
Oooooo the timer is going off....time to go test them. Boy do they smell good!

The first batch didn't turn out how I had anticipated. They tasted more like bread than cookies, which satisfied my craving for bread but wasn't what I was going for. I'm going to add some more apple sauce and some mochiko flour for sweetness and maybe some more cinnamon. I'll see how batch two turns out.

Well...I didn't get the the second batch today but I'll try for it on Sunday since I'm gone all day tomorrow. When I have perfected the recipe I'll post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment