01 October 2009

Lasagna

Well....I didn't get to make anything new today :( what a great way to start right? Thursdays are 'Beat the Band' night which is a weekly gathering of my boyfriend and his co-worker friends so I usually tag along. It all started a few years back when they would all go to this restaurant every Thursday night. Then a band starting coming that same night to play music. The music was good but it was too loud to hear anyone so the goal became to come, eat and leave before the band started to play. Hence the name: Beat the Band. Then that restaurant closed and their gathering continued elsewhere. Now there is a new restaurant open in town so we go there every Thursday.

I did make a scrumptious lasagna yesterday. I used rice lasagna noodles, tomato sauce, olives, fresh spinach, zucchini, and almond cheese. You can use what ever ingredients you like. I started with sauce and spinach then three layers of noodles (which I cooked first) with all the ingredients in between. I covered it with tinfoil and baked it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 min. I made it in a small pan (like the one used for meatloaf or banana bread) since I am the only one eating it. If you make a big one you should probably bake it longer. Remove the tinfoil for the last 5 min so that the cheese on the top melts (make sure you use melting non-dairy cheese). It was quite good compared to its wheat-full, dairy-full counterpart. Lasagna is one of my favorite meals so I was very happy to have a version that I can eat. I am very much looking forward to eating the leftovers tomorrow....yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment